- Digital literacies in recreational, popular media for youth and adults
- Diverse young adult literature, resources, and services
- Online research methods and ethics
- Social information behavior theory development
- User experience and community engagement in virtual environments
- Game-based learning and game studies
I am particularly interested in the depictions and uses of digital and critical literacies in recreational, popular media, such as online games, young adult literature, graphic novels, music, and film. I hope to explore ways to leverage these media to provide more immersive, connected, and engaging resources, services, and digital literacy instruction for digital youth and adults.